Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the Machine

Right...since, at this point, I only have one follower, who knows all of this already, I really shouldn't have to repeat all this...BUT...at some point others might join in and might be interested in this (yeah right) so here goes...

Towards the beginning of the year, I had developed a rash on my back between the shoulder blades.  Went to the doctor to get it checked.  While there, the doctor made me wait for a good 15-20 minutes before checking me out.  "Why?" you might ask?  Because at that point, my blood pressure was 190 over 110, which I have been told is bad.  So bad, in fact, that while I was waiting, the doc was deciding whether he should have me transported to a hospital.  Since that time, I have had ZERO problems with the rash and the doc has put me on meds that now control my blood pressure and my cholestorol and the doc also seems pleased with the progress so far.

Do I go back to the way I was?  No.  I have actually gotten used to taking most of the soda from my daily intake (I admit to having a small 8 oz bottle in the mornings...it's my version of a cup of coffee).  And I actually drink bottled water when I am at work too.  Whoda thunkit!  The big challenges now are controlling my portion size (and trust me, my mom will keep me posted on THAT one!) and actually getting my fat ass up and moving.  Doc wants me to walk.  Never said how far or how fast or any such thing....just walk.  That is actually going to be the hardest part for me.  I am not the kind of guy to just walk for the fun of it (or run for that matter, like some redheads I might know) but I AM going to do it.

Wish me luck folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment