Sunday, November 6, 2011

A 'funny' thing happened . . .

     Well, it has happened again.  Someone that I THOUGHT was a friend, up and waltzed out of my life without so much as a "so long" or a "see ya later".  There are times, such as this, that I despise trying to be nice.  All it ever seems to get me is more pain.  It just seems that folks come into my life, carve out a place in my heart for themselves and then abandon me when they KNOW its gonna hurt the most.  And not only that, but it's always a woman, too.  But not even my true friends, or even my family, seems to understand what this kind of thing does to me, how it affects me and makes me feel.  I'm starting to think that I should just give up on this whole bullshit 'friend' thing as a whole.  It's nothing but pain.  It's a frivolous commodity nowadays, but it's something that I, personally, take to heart.  Friendship MEANS something to me, dammit!  It's not something I enter into lightly and yet most of the people I encounter these days just dont seem to get it.

Bottom line: If you are the type of person who can't be bothered to at least say goodbye to me, then don't pretend to be my friend the rest of the time.

That's my vent . . . for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment