Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the Mirror

     I stare into the reflective surface and wonder to myself, " Who the hell are you?"  Then I realize, "Oh yeah, that's supposed to be me."  The only problem is, I don't see 'me'.  The man in the mirror is not the image in my head.  The image in my head is of a man in his late 20's or early 30's . . . but there is an old man staring back at me.  Who is this old man?  I don't know him.  Oh yeah, that's supposed to be me.  
     But something has happened to me over the last few weeks and months.  I feel . . . okay.  It's been a long time since I have felt this way.  Usually everything is all Doom-and-Gloom.  It's an ok place to visit from time to time, but most folks don't like to live in Doom-and-Gloom land.  I, unfortunately, have lived there for far too long.  One day, I took a look around and realized that it was just me.  Doom-and-Gloom land had dwindled to a population of just one - me.  Finally, I decided "to hell with it".  
     I like who I am now.  I have fun being me now.  I find I laugh a lil more nowadays.  Smile a lil easier these days.

I stare into the reflective surface and say to myself (thank you SNL), "I like me".

No comments:

Post a Comment